Dr. Vikas Agrawal is Associate Professor of Management at Fayetteville State University. He received his Ph.D. in Manufacturing Management from the University of Toledo. He also holds MS in Industrial Engineering, MBA and BS in Mechanical Engineering. He is Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) by APICS and Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) by PMI. He teaches courses in the area of project management, operations management, database management systems and computer programming both at graduate and undergraduate level.
His research interests include working with optimization techniques, simulation using agent-based modeling, database management systems, data warehousing, supply chain management, and knowledge management. He has a number of publications in various academic journals such as Journal of Database Management, International Journal of Intelligent Information and Database Systems, International Journal of Data Warehousing and Mining, Review of Business Research, International Journal of Operations and Quantitative Management and Review of Business Information Systems.
In addition to his teaching and research, he has several years of work experience. His industry experience includes software engineering, project management and production and maintenance engineering.
Highlights of his teaching, research and industry experience include:
- Ten years of experience teaching MIS, Project Management and Operations Management courses with average student evaluation scores of 4.4 out of 5.0.
- Taught online courses using Blackboard System both at graduate and under-graduate level.
- Published many journal articles in various academic journals such as Journal of Database Management, International Journal of Intelligent Information and Database Systems, International Journal of Data Warehousing and Mining, and International Journal of Operations and Quantitative Management to name a few.
- Published and presented numerous conference proceedings at various national and international conferences.
- Recipient of Best Teacher of the Year award at the school level for the academic year 2011-2012.
- He is certified supply chain professional (CSCP) – an internationally recognized certification by APICS.
- He is also certified Project Managemnet Professional (PMP) - an internatinally recognized certification by PMI
- He has extensive work experience that spread across many different industries including software design and development, construction, and production and maintenance.