Welcome to CS340! We meet Tues/Thurs at 11:00 am -12:45 pm at Merritt Penticoff Science Bld, Room 116A.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
Choose the best data structure for your apps regarding performance, memory, and
Devise or use the most efficient algorithm in your development projects.
Understand algorithmic complexity.
Apply object oriented programming principles when you develop software.
Use and understand third party code.
Detect inefficiency in data structures and algorithms of third party code.
Deploy the Java API.
Quotes About Algorithms:
- "Bad programmers worry about the code. Good programmers worry about data structures and their relationships." Linus Torvalds
- "An algorithm must be seen to be believed." Donald Knuth
- "The Google algorithm was a significant development. I've had thank-you emails from people whose lives have been saved by information on a medical website or who have found the love of their life on a dating website." Tim Berners-Lee
Quotes About CS:
- "People think that computer science is the art of geniuses but the actual reality is the opposite, just many people doing things that build on each other, like a wall of mini stones." Donald Knuth
- "It should be mandatory that you understand computer science." will.i.am